In this weekly podcast, Sheila Khama takes a deep dive into the topic of artisanal small scale mining, interviewing experts from a wide range of backgrounds on issues including fossil fuels, climate change, mineral supply and demand and the transition to cleaner energy.
Sheila is the founder of SK Resources Consulting (Pty) Ltd, a Botswana-based natural resources consulting firm. She serves on advisory boards and technical committees of international NGOs, UN agencies and academic institutions concerned with human development, sustainable exploitation of natural resources and a low-carbon future, notably the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network on Extractives and Land Resources, the United Nations Office of Operations, the Columbia University Sustainable Investments Centre and the former Oxford University Natural Resources Charter.
Recent guests on her podcast have included:
- Mickael Daudin (Episode 1) – Deputy Director, Mines to Market at Pact
- James Campbell (Episode 2) – Managing Director of Botswana Diamonds
- Nellie Mutemeri (Episode 3) – Associate Professor in the School of Mining Engineering at the University of Witwatersrand
- Simon Njovu (Episode 4) – Chairman of the Small Scale Miners Association of Zambia
- Stephen Yeboah (Episode 5) – Co-Founder and CEO of Commodity Monitor
- Norman Mukwakwami (Episode 6) – Consultant at The World Bank
- Patricia Mweene (Episode 7) – Founder INONGE ZITA Jewellery
- Cristina Villegas (Episode 8) – Director of Mining at Pact
- Edward Birkham (Episode 9) – Senior Adviser to the World Gold Council
This engaging series is available to listen to on Spotify via the link below, or on the Sheila Khama website which can be accessed here.